Hair Extensions or Highlights - Which is Best for You?
Do you feel like your hair is missing something? Are you looking for a way to add some extra length, volume, or color?
If so, you may be wondering whether hair extensions or highlights are the best option for you for your next hair appointment. Keep reading to learn more about the pros and cons of each so that you can make the best decision for your needs.
- Can add length, volume, and/or color to your hair
- Can be temporary or semi-permanent
- Relatively low maintenance
- Can be expensive
- Requires some care and maintenance to keep them looking their best
- Can be damaging to your natural hair if not installed properly
- Can add dimension and depth to your hair
- Low maintenance once they are done
- No damage to your natural hair
- Limited options for color (cannot change your base color)
- Requires touchups every 4 – 6 weeks
- Highlighting your own hair can be difficult and time consuming
Both hair extensions and highlights can be great ways to change up your look. Extensions offer more versatility in terms of length, volume, and color, but highlights are a low-maintenance option that won't damage your natural hair.
Ultimately, the best choice for you depends on your budget, lifestyle, and personal preferences. Talk to your stylist to get their professional opinion on which option is best for you.